Muriel Caulfield Auditorium

Spring Concert 2014 in the Auditorium

All concerts are now held in the Auditorium following its renovation in 2013.
The Auditorium is located in the Edgewood building on the Charlestown Campus.
The Muriel Caulfield Auditorium was named after one of the Pioneers of Charlestown, Muriel Caulfield, who was one of the first residents of Charlestown. She was very active, organizing a theater group, a choir and an exercise group. She directed plays and sometimes acted in them. She was inducted into the Maryland Senior Citizen Hall of Fame in 1995. 
The auditorium was renamed in her honor in 1989. She died in 2003 at 99. Several pictures of her are in the 35th Anniversary History book (see Venues page here), pages 125, 136, 160 and 161

 Our Lady of the Angels (OLOA) Chapel

Several of the Harmonizers Concerts were held in the OLOA Chapel on the Charlestown Retirement Community Campus at 715 Maiden Choice Lane, Catonsville, MD during the renovation of the Auditorium. 

The Charlestown campus was originally the campus of the St. Charles College, a minor Seminary. The Chapel  was a memorial gift of Robert and Elizabeth Jenkins who were connected with the college from its inception. The Chapel was dedicated on June 17, 1914. The mosaic of the Coronation of the Blessed Virgin was installed over the altar in the fall of 1919. The finishing marble which adorns the interior of the chapel was shipped from Italy in 1917, but the ship carrying the marble was sunk by a German U-boat and the marble was lost.  Replacement marble was obtained after WW 1 and  the installation was completed in 1922. The autumn 1923 edition of the college newspaper, the Borromean, reported that “this chapel is unquestionably the most gorgeous college chapel in the United States.”